Saturday 23 March 2013

Love of a Brother and a Sister


This story is about a caring relation between a brother and a sister. How they manage to live with poverty. The love and care for each other and for the family and how they solve eachother problems. This story is full of love and care between a brother and sister. 


It starts in this way,
There lived a family in Iran, it was poor and they lived in a rented house. Total of five members are there in this house.
Father: Ikram
Mother: Marium
Elder Son: Ahmad was 10 years old
Sister: Amana was 8 years old
And a baby son of 6 months.

Let’s hear it from Amana. We were very poor and our father didn’t get any regular work. He left home every morning in search of work and return home at night. And it happens sometimes that he didn’t get any work. He was a labourer and could do any sort of work that comes under the labourer heading. Our mother was weak and could only look after our cute angle baby brother. So all work burden was on me. I used to make food for all every day and also clean dishes and clean the house. In addition I also go to school. We only had few clothes which we had to wear for months and for years even. As few clothes we had so we also had to wash them on regular basis. Sometimes we slept without eating anything and went school without any lunch. Every day I and my brother went school together and came back together. We both had one pair of school shoes and the condition of shoes was not good too. One day my shoes sole was broken and I gave it to my brother. He went to shoemaker for mending and on the way back home he also had to pick potatoes from the market. So while he was purchasing potatoes he placed shoes aside to collect the good potatoes. When he finishes collecting potatoes he saw that shoes were gone. He searched them everywhere near the shop but he couldn’t find those shoes. He came back home with grief and sorrow and told me about the entire situation. I also got worried as I had that only pair for school. We couldn’t even tell our parents as we were afraid of getting beaten by our father. My brother was also very much afraid so I didn’t tell it to anyone. My brother said me that he will share his shoes with me as my class starts first and then his. So we decided a place to exchange our shoes when there is my period then I wear and attend the class and when there is your period you will come and wear the shoes as slippers were not allowed.

So in this way we managed this situation but for this we had to run very fast to come to place we decided for exchanging shoes. Many days passed this way. One day my brother said that there is a competition in school and the one who one will get the pair of shoes as a reward. He said that he will run fast to win the race so he did it and won the race and became first but what happened then he didn’t get the shoes as the pair of shoes were for the second winner. Instead he got a trip ticket which was not useful for us.

When he came from race the only pair of shoes was all destroyed as he ran so fast to win it. But the most worst and most miserable were his feet. He cried a lot that day that he didn’t bring the shoes. I remembered the way he was that day. But I promised him that I will never talk about this to father that you lost my shoes. Its ok we will adjust it somehow. Then I applied ointment on his wounded feet. That night our father didn’t come home and he came early in the morning with lots of food and also with pair of shoes. He got a good job a regular one and we all were very happy and we thanked to Allah for His blessings.









No comments:

Post a Comment