Saturday 8 June 2013

True Story: The Only Witness

This story is related to the person who was the only witness at the time of a murder attempt on an aged person. The story revolves around him as he was the only person who saw clearly what happened. This is a true story.
About a week ago it was Saturday and I had planned before to go to the museum in order to learn and see more about
skeletons and ancient things. As I had chosen the topics which included archaeology that is related to things which are found in the museum, so I had decided to go there. Everything was going fine; I had woken up early in the morning and got ready at about 2 pm to start my journey towards the museum.
I drove the car out of the garage and locked my house. I was on the road by 2:30 pm and drove the car smoothly to reach my destination. The museum was not much far but however it but the drive was of about 45 minutes to the museum. I reached the museum and while entering saw the time on my watch which was about 3:30 pm. The museum looked enormous the roof was very high and the floor was shining. They firstly checked me with the metal detector and then I was allowed to go ahead into the next area. This area also looked familiar with the previous one, but the fact that it was enriched with artifacts and skeletons of various creatures which existed in the past. While I was having a look at some of these gigantic skeletons, I came to know that I needed to go to the toilet. A worker passed by me and I asked him the way to the toilet, he told me it was at the backside leaded by the last corridor. I made my way to the toilet, got into the last corridor and finally was out of it, my eyes detected the toilet which was indeed quite far from the corridor at a corner. And again another person dressed in the same uniform as other museum workers passed by my side again.
I don’t know why but I did not move for a few seconds from the place where I was standing, there was nobody around right now and I was only getting a glimpse of an aged but robust person not very far from me. The worker which had passed by me made his way towards the aged person and after he passed beside the aged person, the aged guy fell on the ground first knees and then the upper body. I quickly rushed towards him and saw that he was stabbed with a dagger. After thinking quickly I didn't knew what to do but I thought that it would be more favorable that I would follow and get the culprit. I reached the corner and when I turned there was no sign of him. I yelled in order to call the security towards me and tell them what happened.
I told them everything which had happened and not surprisingly they believed me after seeing the recorded video of the security camera however the they were not able to see who the person was as the person had a mask on his face to disguise himself. I was very angered at myself that why I could not do anything in the situation where I was the only witness. But I know what happens, happens for good. The investigation had started immediately, I was allowed to leave the museum after they asked my address from me, I went to the washroom first and then at about 7 pm made my way out of the museum.



No comments:

Post a Comment